Superior Essex Cookies and Online Tracking
Last Updated: May 21, 2019
The Superior Essex website uses technology such as “cookies” that allow us to gather certain types of information about how you interact with us, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and other numeric codes used to identify your computer or its operating system or browser. We use this information to personalize and enhance your experience with us, and in some cases, to deliver promotional messages that we think are of relevance to you. We may gather this information in a format that personally identifies you or in an aggregate format that may not be personally identifiable.
Using cookies and other similar technology may enhance your experience with our Website by, for instance, saving your browsing preferences, recognizing you on return visits to our Website, enabling the use of online shopping carts, and personalizing your visits. The cookies (e.g., Flash cookies, cache cookies, eTags) and other similar technology (e.g., web beacons, clear gifs, or similar functionality embedded into our website’s code) that we use on our websites fall into four main categories:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential for running our website and providing you with a seamless website experience. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the website within a single session or from session to session. They also assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Functional and Performance: These analytic cookies allow us to improve the Website’s functionality by anonymously tracking usage. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly tailored recommendations and slow website performance. We also examine what type of reference was used to reach our websites, such as an email campaign or a link from a referral website, so we can estimate the effectiveness of our promotions and advertising campaigns.
- Personalization: These cookies help make the content as personalized as possible, for example by showing you targeted advertising or recommendations.
- Advertising: These cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Website. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you.
- Do Not Track: At this time, our Website does not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins as there is not yet a common agreement about how to interpret these signals.
For more detailed information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out from behavioral advertising by networks adhering to the Network Advertising Initiative, visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.