AEV is Europe’s largest independent manufacturer of insulating varnishes & resins and has manufacturing locations in North America, Asia and Europe. AEV in partnership with Essex Brownell is unique in its ability to provide both resins and resin application equipment, along with personized technical support and backup from a close-knit team of chemists and engineers. Essex Brownell is proud to be the exclusive US distributor for AEV in the motor repair industry.
AEV: Key Products & Services
AEV provides industry trusted epoxy resins, specialized for VPI, dip and standard applications. AEV’s current product range is the result of years of research and development, ensuring the highest quality solutions. Request a customized quote and ask about sample opportunities.
Read More »
VPI, Dip, Specialized and Standard Applications:
- Highly stable, general purpose 100% solids Epoxy VPI resin, ideal for motor repair facilities.
- Higher film build Epoxy VPI resin, used where traditional film builds of Epoxy are not acceptable.
- High voltage resin for global impregnation of HV systems where uncatalyzed Mica tapes are used up to 15kv.
- Low viscosity / V.O.C. Epoxy impregnation applied by dip / roll / VPI to all general purpose motors and transformers.
- High performance VPI Epoxy resin system that exhibits superior properties at elevated temperatures.
Trickle Epoxy Resins:
- Clear low viscosity, single component trickle resin suitable for OEM application as an alternative to traditional Polyester two part systems.
- High bond strength, room temperature cure Epoxy trickle resin. This is available in Link Packs for easy dispense on applications such as stators or rotors.
- General purpose, VOC UL recognized water based epoxy emulsion for impregnation of low voltage motors.
High performance Epoxy potting resins from AEV provide unparalleled quality, trusted for use in the harshest applications. Available in a wide range of quantity options, Essex Brownell can facilitate any need supporting any application. Request a customized quote and ask about sample opportunities.
Read More »
Epoxy Potting Resins
- Good thermal conductivity, thermal shock resistance, class 180 for linear motors, transformers, toroids, magnets.
- High thermal conductivity. Resilient, class 180 with good surface finish. Used for for linear motors, transformers, toroids, magnets.
AEV Solvent based varnishes are specifically designed for the impregnation of transformers, motors and electronic components. These high quality varnishes are UL recognized and are available in both oven curing and air drying variations. Request a customized quote and ask about sample opportunities.
Read More »
Oven Cure Varnishes:
Phenolic Modified Polyester
- UL recognized, general purpose high build and tank stable varnish.
- Epoxy phenolic varnish with excellent Freon and refrigerant gas resistance. Good for hermetic motors or where chemical resistance is especially needed.
Air Drying Varnishes:
- High build Alkyd air drying class 180 varnish. Available in Clear, Golden, Red, Gray, Black, White and Blue.
- Clear, quick air drying varnish.
- Fast cure, red air dry alkyd insulator.
Solventless resins by AEV are designed for the impregnation of transformers, motors and electronic components. Applications benefiting from the quality of AEV solventless resins include: lighting chokes, stators, rotors and tightly wound coils. Request a customized quote and ask about sample opportunities.
AEV masking grease compounds are an easy to apply, high quality product that is ideal for impregnation processes. These masking greases are able to withstand a 500° F cure, and are easy to wipe off after curing. Ask for your sample today and experience the difference yourself.